The Outreach Coordinator will play a critical role in implementing the film's outreach + distribution strategy in close collaboration with the film's producer, director, and advisory board. The position offers a unique opportunity to directly interact with an award-winning team of filmmakers, nonprofit and social justice leaders, professors, federal and state agencies, and community members. The Outreach Coordinator will be expected to implement time-tested methods of film outreach, distribution and community organizing, and integrate new tools and approaches to impact producing where applicable to advance the film's overall impact strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaboration with current partners to organize stakeholder screenings
- Support film festival research, submissions and screening logistics
- Develop a screening kit in collaboration with partner organizations
- Outreach to new nonprofit and community partners
- Booking limited theatrical screenings, conference and speaking engagements
- Managing the film's Nationbuilder website and contact database
- Responding to screening inquiries
- Manage outreach communications and social media (FB, Twitter, newsletter, blog)
- Collaboration with outside PR firm for traditional press + earned media attention
- Fulfill online orders for DVD and film-related materials
- Implement impact measurement tools
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented, outgoing personality, superb interpersonal communicator, excellent project management and community engagement skills
- Passion for impact producing, promoting social-impact documentary storytelling, eagerness to learn the latest outreach and engagement trends
- Excellent research, verbal and writing skills
- Savvy identifying target audiences and comfortable speaking with diverse stakeholders
- Willingness to learn, work hard, problem-solve, work independently and collaborate closely with our team, and maintain a positive attitude
- Familiarity with Nationbuilder (or equivalent organizing CRM) a strong plus
How to apply
How to Apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter to lance[at]meridianhillpictures.com. In your cover letter, please explain your unique qualifications for this position, your interest in the film, and what you hope to accomplish through your support on the project. We will review applications on a first-come first-serve basis and begin interviewing strong candidates immediately, interested candidates should apply ASAP. Recent college or grad students are encouraged to apply. Bonus if the candidate has prior experience supporting outreach and engagement efforts for other film or media projects.
Meridian Hill Pictures is committed to a diverse workplace and is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer.