MHP seeks an organized, detail-oriented, technically adept part-time Post-Production Manager to support the studio’s new documentary feature film in production.
Job Description: Meridian Hill Pictures is an independent documentary production company based in Washington, DC and producers of the feature-length documentary CITY OF TREES (Netflix, PBS, Official Selection - Full Frame Documentary Film Festival) and THE MESSY TRUTH WITH VAN JONES (Webby Award Winner). Working in close collaboration with the film’s director and producer, the Post-Production Manager will play a critical role managing the post-production/media management workflow and production gear for the project while in production. Responsibilities include:
- Post-Production. Maintain all media management for an independent, verité, feature-length documentary including organizing, logging and ingesting media, generating proxies, syncing audio, merging clips and backing up all media and project files; preparing exports for transcripts and summaries. May also require occasional assistant editing (pulling selects, making markers on scenes, building assemblies).
- Production. Preparing a comprehensive Sony FS7 camera gear kit for the field; packing bags for local and out of town shoots; organizing gear at the studio after each shoot; checking-in each piece of gear and quickly responding to any missing or damaged items; troubleshooting any gear related issues; maintaining a detailed checkout list that accounts for all gear; building the camera with accessories for local shoots; making sure all batteries are charge; field drives and camera cards are cleared.
- This is heavily technical role. Candidate must have skill, passion and excitement for the technical and gear-related aspects of production and post production on an independent feature-length documentary.
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Proficiency with media management, managing backups, syncing audio, creating proxies
- Experience working with the Sony FS7 or comparable video camera
- Enthusiasm troubleshooting technical issues with gear and post production, capacity to problem solve independently and in consultation with technical project advisors
- Knowledge of single and double system audio configuration + 4K post-production workflow a plus
- Experience with basic verité documentary editing a plus
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented, superb communicator, excellent project management skills
- Flexible schedule, willingness to learn, work hard, problem-solve, work independently and collaborate closely with our team, maintain a positive attitude, and easily adapt to changing production schedule
- Note: we have worked with a team of technical advisors to create an efficient and organized post production and production workflow. The post-production manager will not be responsible for building technical systems from scratch, but rather implementing and refining pre-existing systems.
Location: Meridian Hill Pictures studio (2437 15th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009)
Timeframe: average 32-48 hrs/month, from June 2018-December 2018 (with possible extension to June 2019)
Pay: Hourly, based on experience
Reports to: Meridian Hill Pictures artistic director
How to Apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter to lance[at]meridianhillpictures.com. We will review applications on a first-come first-serve basis and begin interviewing strong candidates immediately, interested candidates should apply ASAP. Recent college or grad students are encouraged to apply. Bonus if the candidate has prior experience playing a similar role on other independent documentary projects.
Meridian Hill Pictures is committed to a diverse workplace and is an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer.